Selecting the Right Daycare
So you may we wondering, “is this daycare right for my child?”
We hope so.
We know that selecting the right care and learning center for your child is a big decision. And, we understand that you want to be certain you have made the best choice for you and your child.
We won’t rush you through this very important process. Take your time. This is important.
Here at Joyful Horizons, your children = our passion.
Our dedicated teachers, our innovative programs, our large facility is all focused around the security and development of your child in a fun and educational environment. We believe learning and playing is a process in which children thrive best through community and partnering with each other. At Joyful Horizons, our goal is never to replace a parent – that can and never should be done. We focus on partnering with you to see success in your child’s life – heavy communication with you and rejoicing as we experience milestones together.
Questions to Consider When Evaluating Daycares
We understand that this process can be extremely stressful and we want to help… not add to that stress.
We have been in operations for almost 10 years and we know what it takes to create a safe, caring and educational environment for your child. Through many conversations and Q&A sessions with parents like yourself, we have come to understand what questions you are looking for.
Below, we have supplied a list of questions to ask when deciding on a daycare for your child so you can see which daycare is right for your family.
- Does staff communicate daily with parents about their child’s progress?
- Does staffing allow for each child to receive individual attention?
- Does staff read to the children?
- Does staff seem patient and receptive to children’s needs?
- Is staff respectful of children and parents?
- Does staff encourage children’s sharing, manners and other good behaviors?
- Does staff appear lively, smiling and interacting in a positive manner with children?
- Does staff involve children in daily learning activities?
- What is the teacher-to-child ratio?
- Does the facility appear orderly and clean?
- Are there age-appropriate toys in the classrooms?
- Are hazardous materials locked away?
- Is there an emergency plan and is it posted?
- Are there security measures in place?
- Is there a policy for sick children and other circumstances?
- Do the children have a consistent routine that they can understand and follow?
- Do the children seem occupied and engaged?
- Are the children involved in activities that promote learning?
- Is there a policy on discipline?
- Do the children seem happy?
- Is your initial reaction a positive one?
- Is this a place my child would enjoy?
- Would my child be safe here?
- Would I/we feel comfortable using this program?
- Would my child learn new things every day at this program?
Other questions to consider:
- When can I visit?
- What do you do if a child is sick?
- What would you do in case of emergency?
- What training does the staff have?
- Are all children required to be immunized and does staff have physical examinations?
- May I see a copy of your license or other certification?
- Do you have a substitute or back-up care giver?
- Are other families happy here?
- Where do children nap, and how do you put babies down to sleep?
Joyful Horizons takes each of these questions seriously and we can confidently address all of your concerns. Please contact us at your earliest convenience for more info.
Want to contact us? Find out how here!